Wednesday 16 January 2013

Jackson Pollock:

I have decided to be experimental and unique with my digipak, as i would like to bring in some abstract expressionism to the design. Whilst i was looking through a book about the 'abstract expressionist movement' i came across a really interesting piece by the artist 'Jackson Pollock'.
Wikipedia,
"Jackson Pollock, was an influential American painter and a major figure in the abstract expressionist movement. He was well known for his uniquely defined style of drip painting."

My reason for taking such interest in his work is that it is so colourful, unique and fun! This therefore, if i was to include this particular style of art into my digipak design, would help to connote my chosen genre of 'Electronic Funk'. Moreover, it would look well suited and appropriate and at the same time will help to draw the attention of my targeted audience.

Here are some examples of Pollock's work;




No comments:

Post a Comment