Wednesday 29 August 2012

Genre Change (Electro/Funk):

Initially, on receiving my brief (the creation of a music promotional package) i began to explore the idea of focusing on the genre of 'pop' or 'acoustic'. However, on closely deconstructing relevant professionally made music videos relating to this genre, I decided I would be more enthusiastic and encouraged to work with a genre of music, personally, I would prefer. Therefore, from this point on I have become certain to focus this project on the 'Electronic/Funk' genre. To begin, I will put together some video deconstructions and research of the genre; showing the many relating themes and possible ideas that i could exlpore in relation to this particular choice of music. I also feel that, generally, the lyrics and faster-paced nature of this genre would be far more interesting to focus on for this particular breif. And the highly eletronically altered sounds of this genre, would enable me to experiment and be creative with my editing stage when making my music video.

No comments:

Post a Comment