Tuesday 18 September 2012

Inspiring Music Videos:

Similar to my original plan on focusing on 'pop' music, however 'Electronic/Funk' is much more fast-paced and electronically altered to my other initial genre of 'acoustic'. Allowing more attention to be paid to the beat and tonal changes within the song. This therefore, enabling many possible interpretations and angles of which I would be able to follow up if I was to choose any of theses song listed here to create my music video. As a highly electronically altered genre choice, this will allow me to be experimental with my video editing when it comes to that stage.



1) A fan-made music video, and i think it is so well made. Ive included it here as a source of inspiration, because of the makers use of fantastic camera angle and movements. The subtle editing effects throughout are also effective yet not too over-powering. Helping also to depict the narrative of the video as it is used in such a way to add supernatural themes to a seemingly normal scene.



2) This was the original video that first sparked my desire to focus on the genre of 'Electronic/Funk'. Although the moving images don't quite relate to what i would like to produce myself, i still like the beat to this 'Blue Monday' song. Recognizing instantly that although the motion is quite distorted and unreadable, the use of contrasting, bright, bold colours has been used in such a way to compliment the music and almost bringing it to life.



3) The use of camera angles, movements and editing throughout this 'Chemical Brothers' video are used in such a way to create a movie-like narrative of a girl who goes off into a supernatural day-dream. Although the music counteracts for the dialogue, you can still understand what is being said through the expressions and editing techniques used. I also quite like this song due to the repetitiveness of the constant beat and limited lyrics.



4) Not only is this a great song that fits in with my 'electronic'funk' genre of music, i absolutely love this filming effect! Its so simple, and i like that it is a natural and subtly-edited piece of film. I plan to include this filming technique in my own video production. I could even possibly stand a camera on a tripod, film the sky on a cloudy day, and speed up the footage...creating an unnatural and creative perspective.



5) I've included this video into my list as i really like the song and also the black and white effect (this adds mystery and the sense of distortion). The director has used children to challenge the stereotypes of 'gangaster/rebels' by making the characters young children with painted faces. This could be quite shocking to the viewers and therefore, adds enigma to the video clip. It is also very interesting that half way the mood and atmosphere is changed as the footage suddenly changes to colour. I really like this as it can instantly change the mood of the video.



6) Although this video is quite unrelated to my genre, and it doesnt exactly include any worthwhile codes and conventions, i really love the multiple split-screen effect used here. I plan to include this editing technique into my own video..this could be used in such a way to illustrate the many different people (and theire individual style) in my video. I could have about 20 extreme close-up shots of my characters lip synching the main lyrics to my chosen song.



7) This video, i found after alot of browsing through YouTube in search of something to gain inspiration that was much similar to what i would like to create myself. Thankfully, this is quite close enough...I i LOVE the use of colours and the multiple split-screen effectused. The costumes also perfectly connotate the happy and ecstatic energy provided by the music.

No comments:

Post a Comment