Tuesday 18 December 2012

Music Poster, Final:



Poster 1
Poster 2
Poster 3
Poster 4

I am currently at the stage where i am happy with the design of my music poster, however i need to decide on one of these four color-hues. The collaboration of images and bright bold colours that catch the viewers eye work very effectively to successfully connote my music genre of 'Electronic/ Funk'. I have ensured that the text is extremely clear as i have found, when researching into similar music posters, that it was vital to make it clear to the audience what it is that the poster is advertising. Therefore, i chose to use a very bold, clear and basic font type that contrasted with the electric, bold collage of colours and patterns used in the background. Furthermore, the overall design won't look too over-powering and confusing as the white text seems to break up the colour effectively. I used the 'Mika' poster stated in my previous blogpost as a source of main inspiration. It had a similar collaboration of colours and comic-like images. However, it didn't have much of a focal point which i didn't like. Therefore, i chose to incorporate my album cover design into the poster and used the large red lips as the centre image to act as a focal point, similar to my album cover. 

At this current stage, with the four different posters placed side-by-side i am almost certain that i prefer the look of 'Poster 4' as the colours are slightly more natural and vibrant. 



No comments:

Post a Comment