Monday 1 October 2012

Moodboard:

I chose to create a moodboard of ideas in the follow up to the creation of my music video. I have included some image clippings of the bright, bold, hip-hop inspired costume/makeup style i would like to include in my production. As i plan to have a representation of stereotypical dancers/musicians to connote my chosen music genre of 'electronic/funk', which i feel would compliment this particular style of music. I have also included some key words, and quotations that i feel represent the genre. Additionally, i have added in some images of people dancing, singing and enjoying themselves..this is the general atmosphere and vibe i would like to represent throughout my video also. As i feel it will compliment the music style i have chosen. There is also a few shots of the sunset, and low-key lighting scenes, which i plan to also include and furthermore, the lyrics taken from two different songs that i am to choose between...'Chemical Brothers' and 'Basement Jaxx'... though in the follow up of my moodboard presentation, i learnt that it may be more suitable to choose the 'Basement Jaxx' option as it has more lyric variation, and is more recognised. Therefore, lip-syncing would be made much easier.

Audience Feedback:

+

Clear images
Attractive overall theme/idea
Nice use of colour
Everything seems to reflect genre well
-

Slightly too busy/unorganised
The use of two song lyrics shows an indecisive approach (need to decide on one song)

No comments:

Post a Comment