Wednesday 21 November 2012

Album Cover Inspiration:

I have chosen to begin my research into album covers, to provide me with some inspiration for my ancillary tasks. The PowerPoint presentation I created is a series of album covers already available, and well-known, in the music market. They inspire me because of their bold, creative and unique use of colours, lighting, special effects and use of fonts. I also feel that each individual cover has the codes and conventions that connote my chosen music genre and therefore i shall be using these to help influence my own album cover creation. Ensuring also that I researched into both modern and vintage artists' and compared the codes and conventions used for both..I now have a better understanding of what works/doesn't work, therefore can apply this knowledge to my own production. 




I also plan to incorporate the original 'FatBoy Slim' logo into my ancillary tasks. This is what it looks like:


No comments:

Post a Comment