Thursday 22 November 2012

How does my target audience access music?

Whilst thinking about my ancillary tasks, i thought it was important that i am aware of the ways in which my target audience access their music nowadays. As i understand that the music industry is ever-growing and the growth of Web 2.0 has had a dramatic impact on how people are consuming music.

This is a link to a Guardian article that outlines the rapid increase of digital downloads. As it is now the fact of physical music sales remaining less and less in demand.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2012


I also asked a variety of different aged people how they access their music:

"I have a 'GrooveShark' account that I use to create playlists. It's free, easy and accessible
(Anna, 17)

"I don't like the idea of downloading illegally. I'm also not so good with technology; so I prefer to just listen to the radio"
(Chris, 39)

"Either through the radio, or the music channel on the CV machines at the gym"
(Lara, 20)


"Mostly through YouTube, as I like to sit and enjoy the video that compliments the song...it's all about the visual treat for me" 
(Jasmine, 19)

"I usually just download my music via iTunes and then I can access my favourite songs from my Mp3 player" 
(Jack, 17)

"I only really listen to music through the radio when I'm driving to work"
(Paul, 42)

"Streaming through YouTube video's as I enjoy the visual side of music just as much as the song itself!"
(Sarah, 19)

"I just listen to new and upcoming music artists' through 'SoundCloud." 
(James, 15)

No comments:

Post a Comment