Wednesday 28 November 2012

Editing My Album Cover:

Thinking how i could create a really appealing and unique Album Cover that connotes my music genre of 'Electronic/Funk' i decided that i wanted to make something that wasn't entirely computer generated. Therefore, when flicking through some magazine's and putting together a slideshow of the album covers already available on the market, i became certain on the type of cover i wanted to create.

Similar also to Andy Warhol's work, i have ensured to include a combination of bright, striking colours. As i felt that my genre of music is a particularly vibrant type of music that represents youthfulness and happiness. 
I also decided that it was necessary to make my album cover related to my music video production as i want my target audience to make the connection and to have a vague idea of what to expect from my video. Therefore, i have included some close-up shots of mouths and bright bold colouring that is represented through my actors clothing and the scenery i have included.

I am currently at the stage where i am editing the original scanned image of my cover. I have used a variety of different online programs to edit it to my preference. These include 'Microsoft Paint', 'Pixlr' and 'Adobe Photoshop'. Below is a screen print of my editing on Pixlr; where i enhanced the colours and sharpened the image. This resulting in a more clearer and eye-catching design that appears much better in quality than the original.

Editing on the program 'Pixlr', to bring out the colours and make them more eye-catching and bold.
Choosing a font for the Album song-name on the program 'DaFont'.




No comments:

Post a Comment