Thursday 29 November 2012

How/Who will market my product?


What is music marketing? 
Wikipedia says: "marketing" is a business term referring to the promotion of products, advertising, pricing, distribution channels, and branding. 

Here i have found a website that breaks the definition up and helped improve my knowledge of the term and the aspects of 'marketing' that i will need to consider for my product:     

Source: http://blog.nielsen.com/


After doing some more research into how music is now marketed, i have found that since 2004, digital downloads of albums has rapidly increased! I have also found that as a result of some audience feedback that i received recently (see earlier blogpost), not one of the people that i interviewed claimed to be purchasing physical music product such as CD's or Vinyls. Therefore, if i was to market my product, i would most certainly be promoting it through the web. Taking advantage of Web 2.0 and ensuring it reaches my target audience.

I would have my product promoted through a number of Smartphone Apps:
Just a few of the Smartphone Apps that i feel would be ideal for promoting my product.



I would also promote my product through many of the available social networking sites.This would directly reach my target audience as a majority of the users are from the ages of 16-27. It is also free and would be highly effective.

The most popular social networking sites include...
Who will market my product?

I have decided that i would market my product with the company 'Essential' as i have found they work on many levels of distribution. And depending on the type of genre they are marketing, will select the most appropriate means of distribution to suit my target audience. They also distribute across the Uk and worldwide.



No comments:

Post a Comment